Monday, April 6, 2015

1)Daily Life in Olomouc

            One of the best aspects of this program is that I have more time to sleep in the morning. Since we have class at 3 most of the time, we have a lot of free time before and after class. I decided to explore Olomouc as much as I could, so I try to visit many places and experience new things everyday. 

            The most important aspect of my daily life in Olomouc is eating and drinking at many restaurants and coffee shops, experiencing the food and drinks. I was not a big fan of eating out in America because it is very expensive and there are limited options.  I have a variety of options to choose from in Olomouc and the exceptionally cheap price gives me more options! I have been to several coffee shops and I really enjoy trying their different kinds of cakes and coffee.  The only problem I have encountered is when a restaurant doesn’t offer an English menu. I need to ask to workers, hoping they speak English, or just guess what it is.


The best Czech food ever!
My favorite Pho bo 
I love to try cafes in Olomouc!


                The second part of my daily life is visiting many historical sites in Olomouc. Whenever possible, I love to find things that have historical significance. Whether it is an old church, castle, street, or treasure, I find it very exciting to imagine these things as they were in the past. When walking down some streets in Olomouc, I can picture the street in the 15th century being filled with merchants, peasants, horses, and nobility. I have been told that Olomouc is one of the few cities in the Czech Republic that is renowned for looking very much the same as it did in the 15th and 16th centuries. There have been movies shot in the streets because they look very similar to what they did hundreds of years ago. My favorite place that I have visited in Olomouc is the Archbishop museum. It has a lot of historical artifacts from the early people in the area. I was also able to see many beautiful treasures of the Archbishop Church. I was very fascinated to see the old church in the basement that was built sometime in the 9th century. I would love to talk more about the other places I have visited next time.

At the Archbishop museum


My daily life in Olomouc has been so interesting, and I still need more time to explore Olomouc!!


No comments:

Post a Comment