Monday, April 20, 2015

8) Field Trip 2- Vienna and Venice

Since we had a very successful field trip to Prague, I was very excited for our second trip to Vienna and Venice. This field trip has given me a great number of incredible memories! In Vienna, I was surprised that the city is a lot bigger than I expected. We had to walk a long way to the city center from the hostel where we stayed, but, as I walked, I could see the difference between the new town and old town.


On the first day we walked around the old town and went to the Imperial Treasury. The Treasury has a great number of treasures from the Holy Roman Empire and the Austrian Empire, including crowns, swords, orbs, and royal garments. All the treasures were really fascinating and beautiful. Because they were so well preserved, I could picture the people who used them in the past as if it was today.

National Library in Vienna. It was one of the most beautiful libraries! 

The Museum of Natural History in Vienna.

During our free time we went to coffee shops, one of which was quite famous, CafĂ© Sacher Wien. The cafe looked really fancy and expensive but I was willing to pay for the coffee and cakes of Vienna! I was very satisfied with the taste of coffee and their service. We walked a lot for two days and visited so many churches and Opera houses. We went to the People’s Opera House and even though we had to stand during the performance (because we paid only 4 euros to save money) it was a great experience.

I can't believe that I was in the Opera house in Vienna!!


Time flew by and we moved on to Venice!! When we first got there, the beauty of the city amazed me; bridges connected many islands. Boats are the major form of transportation, as there are no streets for cars or buses. I love the feeling of being in such a unique city. We don’t need to do a lot of things there, just walk and take in the sights. Walking around is the best way to enjoy Venice!! 



I visited all the churches I encountered while walking. Incredibly, many churches house famous paintings and fascinating decorations. As a group, we all went to the Doges Palace St. Marks Basilica. I still cannot believe how the people of the past built these buildings and created art works of such beauty. 

I strongly recommend buying a 24-hour Water-bus pass even though it is a little pricey. Using the pass, I enjoyed the night view from the boat and I was able to visit Murano and Burano Islands too!  Venice is one of the most beautiful and unique cities I have ever been to. Getting lost in Venice is the first thing that you have to do there!!

I went out during the night to see the night view of Venice. Amazing! 
Nice weather and beautiful place and....me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment