Monday, May 4, 2015

10) Personal Excursion

             I thought that I need to explore Czech Republic more since I am studying abroad here.  So I went to several places near Olomouc and Brno last weekend. Because this trip was really great and impressive, I would like to introduce this amazing trip!

             I searched the official Czech Tourism website and found the places that I want to visit. Telč is one of the most beautiful towns in the Czech Republic and I found out that it is two hours away from Brno. The historical center of Telč has been a UNESCO world heritage site since 1992 mainly because of its beautiful and unique main square and the 17th century Renaissance chateau. Telč was a very small town, but as soon as I entered the historical center, I was able to recognize why this town is a world heritage site. The town square was encircled by the well-preserved Renaissance and Baroque townhouses, which gave a powerful impression. Also, the tree encircled ponds that surround the small town are very beautiful and the Telč chateau was more fascinating and unique than I expected.     

I am surrounded by beautiful townhouses!

Perfect harmony of the town and lake
Looking at Telc from the tower
           
             Next, I went to Pernštejn Castle in Nedvědice which is about 40 minutes away from Brno. I had to walk 30 minutes to the castle from the train station. But it was definitely worth it! Surprisingly, this Gothic and Renaissance castle is the one of the best-preserved castles in the Czech Republic and it was never conquered. I also heard that the Pernštejn Castle was the background for several movies.

It was really fascinating to see this well-preserved castle! Is it real?

Getting fresh air while hiking.
            

             In addition to these places, one of the best places I have visited is the Punkva Caves. They are a part of the Moravian Karst, which is the biggest and most significant karst region in the Czech Republic. I had to hike more than 50 minutes in order to get to the cave because of road construction on the path that leads directly to Punkva Caves. But it was a beautiful way so I enjoyed hiking up there!


             My favorite part of this cave was the bottom of Macocha Abyss which has a depth of nearly 140 meters and has a beautiful lake. The abyss seems too beautiful to be a real. I tried to take lots of pictures but the pictures do not do justice to its beauty. Also, the boat tour that we took underground in the Punkva caves was a very unique experience, one that I will never forget.




Macocha Abyss. Such a incredible beatuy! 
Very cold...in the cave

Boat trip in punkva cave is a excellent experience.

               I am so thankful that I have stayed and studied in such a beautiful country and visited so many places. I am looking forward to exploring more in Europe during the rest of the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment